CORALINE

I’ve been eyeing this one closely since they paired up Neil Gaiman with Henry Selick. I liked the concept of marketing this as “the first handmade movie” but the trailers always seemed to shy away from the horror aspect of the story. Instead, it comes across as an offbeat children’s fantasy-adventure (à la Charlie and The Chocolate Factory). Okay, it is that, but it was also the underlying sense of dread that made the original so memorable for me. I mean Jesus Christ man, you’re talking about sewing buttons onto the kid's eyeballs!

Anyway, I’m glad to say that the latest trailer remedies this completely, perfectly capturing the atmosphere of the novel. Harry over at AICN claims that this is Selick’s personal favorite trailer and it’s easy to see why. Check it.





About this entry


0 comments: