JIL SANDER F/W 2009


The Jil Sander show pretty much made this season's fashion week for me (with Prada and Bottega coming in at a close second). The architecture, the shapes, the fabrics and the details my god the details, Raf Simons has certainly come a long way in the realm of Womenswear. Barbara Atkin of Holt Renfrew described the collection as a "Dior's New Look" moment in fashion and though that may be too bold a statement, this was certainly one of Raf's strongest (though in my eyes, his defining Jil Sander moment will always be S/S 09'). Anyway, by no means am I a fashion journalist so don't take it from me, you're better off seeing this shit for yourself!

Click here for the entire collection and while you're at it, check out this fantastic interview with the man himself by IHT's Suzy Menkes.


About this entry


0 comments: